The Commission on Dental Accreditation recognizes that education and accreditation are dynamic, not static, processes. Ongoing review and evaluation often leads to changes in an educational program. The Commission views change as part of a healthy educational process and encourages programs to make them as part of their normal operating procedures.
Changes have a direct and significant impact on the program's potential ability to comply with the accreditation standards. These changes tend to occur in the areas of finance, program administration, enrollment, curriculum and clinical/laboratory facilities, but may also occur in other areas.
All program changes that could affect the ability of the program to comply with the Accreditation Standards must be reported to the Commission. When a change is planned, Commission staff should be consulted to determine reporting requirements.
Changes that require prior Commission approval must be reported by May 1 or November 1 and must be reviewed by the appropriate Review Committee and approved by the Commission prior to implementation to ensure that the program continues to meet the accreditation standards.
Changes that do not require Review Committee and Commission review must be reported to the Commission in writing at least thirty (30) days prior to the anticipated implementation of the change.
Policy on Missed Deadlines: So that the Commission may conduct its accreditation program in an orderly fashion, all institutions offering programs accredited by the Commission are expected to adhere to deadlines for requests for program information. Programs/institutions must meet established deadlines to allow scheduling of regular or special site visits and for submission of requested information. Program information (i.e. self-studies, progress reports, annual surveys or other kinds of accreditation-related information requested by the Commission) is considered an integral part of the accreditation process. If an institution fails to comply with the Commission's request, or a prescribed deadline, it will be assumed that the institution no longer wishes to participate in the accreditation program. In this event, the Commission will immediately notify the chief executive officer of the institution of its intent to withdraw the accreditation of the program(s) at its next scheduled meeting.
- Guidelines for Reporting a Program Change (PDF)
- Guidelines for Reporting an Interruption of Education (PDF)
- Guidelines for Reporting Use of Distance Education (DOCX)
- Guidelines for Preparing a Teach-Out Report (PDF)
- Guidelines for Transfer of Sponsorship (PDF)
- Guidelines for Preparation of Reports: Response to Site Visit and Progress Reports (PDF)
- Guidelines for Documenting Response to Selected Recommendations (PDF)
- Guidelines for Documenting Response to Selected Recommendations in Advanced Dental Education Programs: AEGD, GPR, Dental Anesthesiology, Oral Medicine, Orofacial Pain (PDF)
- Bio-sketch Template (DOC)
- Bio-sketch Template - ALLIED USE ONLY (DOC)
- Administrator Verification Form (DOCX)