Call for Nominations
Call for Review Committee Nominations
The Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) requests nominations to fill vacancies on Review Committees. This call for nominations is for 2022 Vacancies:
- Six (6) General Dentists (Predoctoral, Endodontics, Periodontics, Pediatric Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Hygiene Review Committees)
- One (1) Non-General Dentist (Postdoctoral General Dentistry Review Committee) [a dentist who has completed an advanced dental education program in dental anesthesiology, dental public health, endodontics, oral and maxillofacial radiology, oral and maxillofacial pathology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral medicine, orofacial pain, orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics, or prosthodontics.]
- Two (2) Higher Education/Hospital Administrator (Postdoctoral General Dentistry and Dental Hygiene Review Committees)
- One (1) Dental Assisting Educator** (Dental Assisting Review Committee)
- One (1) Dental Assisting Practitioner (Dental Assisting Review Committee)
- Three (3) Dental Hygiene Educators** (Dental Hygiene Review Committee)
- One (1) Dental Hygiene Practitioner (Dental Hygiene Review Committee)
- One (1) Allied Educator** (Predoctoral Review Committee)
- Eight (8) Public Members
• Six (6) Review Committee Members (Endodontics*, Pediatric Dentistry*, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Dental Assisting Review Committees)
• Two (2) Public Members for the Commission (includes training year)
*fulfilling a one year vacated term; eligible for a consecutive term
**Prior or current experience as a Commission site visitor preferred.
Review Committee Nomination Forms are due to CODA staff by June 1, 2022 for consideration in summer 2022.
When submitting nominations to the Review Committee and Commission (for public member only), CODA requests that strong consideration be given to assisting this agency to achieve diversity, including underrepresented groups, geographic diversity and varied educational philosophies. Review the nomination criteria and explanation of time commitment (PDF) for additional information.
If you or someone you know may be interested in volunteering for an open position on the Commission, please review the materials below:
Once the nomination form is completed, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nominating Committee will review the nominations and submit recommendations to the Commission. Nominations may not be directed toward a specific review committee and requests to be placed on a specific review committee will not be honored. Appointments are made for one four-year term, beginning and ending in October of each year.
Overview of Review Committee Responsibilities
Review committee members:
- Will be responsible for the review of all policy matters, site visit reports, progress reports, applications for accreditation and special reports on accredited programs, which are submitted to the Commission for final action.
- Will be required to make a significant time commitment, 10-20 days per year.
- Will serve as consultants to the Commission and are required to complete the Web-based Site Visitor Training prior to serving on the committee. The self-paced instructional manual on the Commission's policies, procedures and Standards takes approximately 6 to 8 hours to complete.
- Will be required to become familiar with the CODA Training Manual and participate in a full day of training at ADA headquarters. Review Committee members should observe at least one site visit within their first year of service on the Review Committee.
- Will be expected to be accessible and able to communicate by fax, electronic mail and the Commission's web-based communication tools.
Call for Site Visitor Volunteer Nominations
The Commission on Dental Accreditation considers nominations for site visitors on an annual basis at its Winter meeting. Site Visitors are appointed for one-year terms, which are renewable for six years. If appointed, the site visitor’s term will begin in October of the appointment year. The site visitor will be expected to complete the Commission’s online training program and attend a two-day training workshop in Chicago in June prior to their term start date. The site visitor will also be expected to be accessible and able to communicate by fax, electronic mail and the Commission's web-based communication tools. Review the site visitor nomination criteria (PDF) for additional information.
Please download the Site Visitor Nomination Form (DOCX). Once completed, submit your form to the appropriate CODA staff manager via email.
Site Visitor Nomination Forms are due to CODA staff by DECEMBER 1, 2022
for consideration at the Commission’s Winter 2023 meeting.
The Commission is requesting nominations for the role “Site Visitor” in the following disciplines:
- Predoctoral Basic Sciences
- Predoctoral Chair
- Predoctoral Clinical Sciences
- Predoctoral Curriculum
- Predoctoral Finance
- Predoctoral National Licensure
Advanced Dental Education Programs
- Advanced Education General Dentistry
- Dental Anesthesiology
- Dental Public Health
- General Practice Residency
- Oral Medicine
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinical Fellowships
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics Fellowships
- Orofacial Pain
- Pediatric Dentistry
Allied Dental Education
- Allied Dentist
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Laboratory Technology
- Dental Therapy